On behalf of the GDAL/OGR development team and community, I am pleased to announce the release of GDAL/OGR 2.1.0. GDAL/OGR is a C++ geospatial data access library for raster and vector file formats, databases and web services. It includes bindings for several languages, and a variety of command line tools.
The 2.1.0 release is a major new feature release with the following highlights:
- RFC 26: Add hash-set band block cache implementation for very larger rasters (WMS, WMTS, ...)
- RFC 48: Geographical networks support (GNM)
- RFC 58: Add DeleteNoDataValue()
- RFC 59.1: Make GDAL/OGR utilities available as library functions
- RFC 60: Improved round-tripping in OGR. Implemented in GeoJSON driver
- RFC 61: Support for measured geometries. Implemented in Shapefile, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, PGDump, MEM, SQLite, GeoPackage, FileGDB, OpenFileGDB, CSV, VRT
- New GDAL/raster drivers:
- CALS: read/write driver for CALS Type I rasters
- DB2: read/write support for DB2 database (Windows only)
- ISCE: read/write driver
- MRF: read/write driver for Meta Raster Format
- SAFE: read driver for ESA SENTINEL-1 SAR products
- SENTINEL2: read driver for ESA SENTINEL-2 L1B/LC1/L2A products
- WMTS: read driver for OGC WMTS services
- New OGR/vector drivers:
- Significantly improved drivers:
- CSV: new options, editing capabilities of existing file
- ElasticSearch: read support and support writing any geometry type
- GeoJSON: editing capabilities of existing file, "native data" (RFC 60) support
- MBTiles: add raster write support. fixes in open support
- PDF: add PDFium library as a possible back-end.
- PLScenes: add support for V1 API
- VRT: on-the-fly pan-sharpening
- GTiff: multi-threaded compression for some compression methods
- Port library: add /vsis3/, /vsis3_streaming/, /vsicrypt/ virtual file systems
- Upgrade to EPSG database v8.8
- General sanitization pass to clean-up code, fix a lot of compiler warnings, as well as issues pointed by static code analyzers.
- Fixes in a number of drivers to be more robust against corrupted files .
You can also find more complete information on the new features and fixes in the 2.1.0.
The release can be downloaded from:
* http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.1.0/gdal210.zip - source as a zip
* http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.1.0/gdal-2.1.0.tar.gz - source as .tar.gz
* http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.1.0/gdal-2.1.0.tar.xz - source as .tar.xz
* http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.1.0/gdal-grass-2.1.0.tar.gz - source of GDAL GRASS plugin
* http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.1.0/gdalautotest-2.1.0.tar.gz - test suite
* http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.1.0/gdal210doc.zip - documentation/website
As there have been a few changes that affect the behaviour of the library, developers are strongly advised to read the migration guide.